STLC (Software Test Life Cycle) Process Example:
Requirements/SRS:- It includes SRS Document
1. Introduction >> This includes description of the software that must be tested and some related documents to understand test plan.
2. Items Required to Be Tested>> It includes list of software items those are going to be tested.
3. Features Required to Be Tested>> It includes list of all features those are going to be tested like functionality, performance, security etc.
4. Features That Must Not Be Tested >> This phase includes features those are not going to be tested in this schedule.
5. Test Approach >> With this phase complete testing approach is created to test features completely.
6. Acceptance Criteria >> This phase describes what is the pass or fail acceptance criteria of each test item.
7. Test Deliverables >> It includes documents those are to be developed for testing procedure.
8. Testing Schedule >> This phase includes the complete testing schedule.
9. Environmental Requirements >> It includes the required environment to perform testing like software, hardware, testing tools etc.
10. Responsibilities >> Responsibilities phase includes team members to perform testing tasks.
11. Communication Approach >> Communication Approach phase includes process about how to communicate with all team members and other team members also.
Test Cases Design :- This phase includes test cases design procedure as per requirements doc and some related also like use cases and related.
Then it includes:
1. Positive Test Cases
2. Negative Test Cases
Test Cases Execution:- Test Cases Execution phase includes execution procedure about scenerio to perform test cases execution then after execution it includes execution status.
Defect Report:- It includes defect status as per test cases execution according to expectation output.
Release Defect Report:- It includes process about to release defect report and then defect log status for those issues got during test cases execution then reported in defect report.
Note: Format may have some changes as per need.