Process for User Interface Testing
In User Interface (UI) Testing mainly Graphical User Interface comes to verify. User Interface must be very clear from the users point of view and with a good standard where users can get easily what they are looking for with this interface. Look and feel and how easy to use from user’s side is very important with UI.
Some of the phases should follow:-
1. Elements Visibility:- All the elements should be visible very clearly to users related to functionality what user is looking for on the page.
Example:- Suppose user is on “Login Page” then “Username and Password” with “Login Button” should be visible properly.
2. Proper Sequence of Fields:- Fields sequence should be clear from the user’s point of view.
Example:- Suppose there are some fields like “City, State and Country” then sequence should be “Country, State and City”.
3. Mandatory Fields-Highlights:- What fields are required or not should be very clear for users.
Example: Suppose user is on “Sign Up” page and some fields are there like “Name, Phone, Email Id, Password” and all the fields are mandatory except “Phone Fields”. Means “mandatory sign(asterisk sign)” should be implemented with “mandatory fields”.
4. Proper Error Message:– Error message should be clear to users what user is missing or wrong.
Example:- Suppose user is on “Sign Up” page and some fields are there like “Name, Phone, Email Id, Password”. If user enter values in “Email id” like “qatestingtips8909@gmail or any wrong” then message should be related to enter valid “Email id”.
Note: Messages may be different for login due to security purpose so please think about it before giving messages for invalid login. Make security for login, no need to give exact message for login due to security. We may just show like “Invalid Credentials Please Enter Valid”
5. Proper Alignment:– Alignment is also important to provide a standard layout. All the fields those are related should be aligned properly if there is horizontal view then should be aligned horizontally or if vertical then should be vertically.
Example 1:- Suppose user is on “Sign Up” page and some fields are there like “Name, Phone, Email Id, Password”. If fields are fixed vertically then all should be aligned vertically.
Example 2:- Suppose there are multiple posts in blog page with “Read More Buttons”, means all the posts and read more should be aligned properly.
6. Proper Width:– Fields should have proper width with placeholder or if other fields like text field, check-boxes, radio-buttons, drop-drown then width fields should be visible properly.
Example:- Suppose there is “Text Box” with placeholder like “Email id” then “Text Box with Proper Placeholder” should be visible, no any hidden field/text.
7. Process Bar Notification:– Process/Progress Bar should be visible during any running process.
Example:- Suppose user is on “Sign Up” page and some fields are there like “Name, Phone, Email Id, Password”. After entering all the fields as user clicks on “Sign Up Button” then “Process/Progress Bar” is needed to come over there to indicate it is progress.
8. Related Image Visibility:– If there are images on page then all the images should come properly and should be related and no hidden images and no stretch and no related issue.
Example:- If user is on profile page then image section should be related to profile image proper without any hidden image and stretch issue and no other issue.
9. Proper Instructions:– Instructions should be properly defined on pages related to functionalities with related fields or section and use process.
Example:- Suppose user is on “Profile Page” and there is “Image Upload Feature” so it means “File Format and File Size” should be defined properly.
10. Confirmation Messages:– Confirmation messages is also needed by updating any record or by saving any record or by deleting any record.
Example:- Suppose user is using “Sign Up” page and after inserting all valid data then as user clicks on “Sign Up Button” then a “Message” should be there related to “Successfully Saved” or as per requirement.
11. Proper Scrolling:– Proper Scrolling should be very smooth and good from the user’s point of view and no any stuck should be there during scrolling.
Example:- 1. Suppose if user scroll the page then page should scroll properly without any stuck.
2. Suppose if there is “Drop-Down” with multi values then “Drop-Down” should be scroll easily without any stuck.
Note: More tasks may be there to test proper User Interface, so keep practicing.