Behaviour Driven process is about actions with outputs to solve gap between business requirements and technical requirements and it is combined methodology from Test Driven Development. Behaviour Driven Development process defines actions and outputs those users expect behaviours and agree about behaviour from system.
Test Executions based on users stories and output based on user acceptance testing. So, Behaviour Driven Development process drives execution according to user expectations those behaviours are expected from system.
Behaviour Driven Process
– Collect Requirement
– Analysis and Clarity Discussion with Business Analyst/Client
– Define Behaviour at System
– Create Set of Acceptance
– Document the Requirement About Change with Examples
– Create a Behaviour Driven Test to Explain Development Code
– Develop Small Unit First for Change
– Get Feedback From Team
– Proceed Further Next Test and Unit Development
Story Example:- Update Delivery Charge For New Order
– 2 % is Delivery Charge For Placed Orders
– Increased With 1 % Delivery Charge
– 3 % is Updated Delivery Charge For New Orders
Note:- Defined process is just an example and there may be some changes on process according to requirement. So keep learning and practicing.
BDD Testing Tools and Frameworks Available such as Cucumber, JBehave, SpecFlow, TestLeft and more. Practice with Tools and Frameworks.