Analysis is a process to get understanding of software requirements. Analysis process is very needed to understand requirements and then to design implementation plan. Analysis process is for focusing on software’s needs then to create documentation about tasks for teams before going to implementation. Before creating an implementation plan to analyse and understand the requirement very clearly is analysis.
Example:- Suppose a software is going to be developed about a payment gateway then before start implementation need to understand requirements very clearly like, what is the purpose of it, what type of gateway it is, what are the payments acceptance criteria, what are the needs to make it reliable, secure, user friendly and more.
So, thing is that need to understand requirements very clearly for delivering a software according to client’s need is analysis.
Perform Analysis Activities
For performing analysis process should focus on activities:-
– Collect Requirements
– Read All The Requirements and Understand Very Clearly
– Perform Analysis According To Users Point of View
– Perform Analysis According To Technical Point of View
– Perform Analysis To Understand Business Requirements
– Perform Analysis To Understand Software Requirements
– Create a Document and Define Requirements With Understanding
– Create Use Cases and User Stories Documents
– Analysis on Business Model/Process
– Perform Gap Analysis Then Define Running Software Process About Business and Future Expectations With Software For Business
Analysis Report should include:
– Software Introduction
– Purpose of Software
– Business Activities
:-Describe Business Activities
– Functional Activities
:-Describe Functional Activities
:-Describe Acceptance Criteria
Example:- Payment Gateway
Note:- Analysis is very challenging job and challenges may be more according to requirements, so keep practicing.