Process:-User Interface Testing-
In User Interface (UI) Testing mainly Graphical User Interface comes to verify. User Interface must be very clear from the users point of view and with a good standard where users can get easily what they are looking for with this interface. Look and feel and how easy to use from user’s side is very important with UI.
Some of the phases should follow:-
1. Elements Visibility:- All the elements should be visible very clearly to users related to functionality what user is looking for on the page.
Example:- Suppose user is on “Login Page” then “Username and Password” with “Login Button” should be visible properly.
2. Proper Sequence of Fields:- Fields sequence should be clear from the user’s point of view.
Example:- Suppose there are some fields like “City, State and Country” then sequence should be “Country, State and City”.
3. Mandatory Fields-Highlights:- What fields are required or not should be very clear for users.
Example: Suppose user is on “Sign Up” page and some fields are there like “Name, Phone, Email Id, Password” and all the fields are mandatory except “Phone Fields”. Means “mandatory sign(asterisk sign)” should be implemented with “mandatory fields”.
4. Proper Error Message:– Error message should be clear to users what user is missing or wrong.
Example:- Suppose user is on “Sign Up” page and some fields are there like “Name, Phone, Email Id, Password”. If user enter values in “Email id” like “qatestingtips8909@gmail or any wrong” then message should be related to enter valid “Email id”.
Note: Messages may be different for login due to security purpose so please think about it before giving messages for invalid login. Make security for login, no need to give exact message for login due to security. We may just show like “Invalid Credentials Please Enter Valid”
5. Proper Alignment:– Alignment is also important to provide a standard layout. All the fields those are related should be aligned properly if there is horizontal view then should be aligned horizontally or if vertical then should be vertically.
Example 1:- Suppose user is on “Sign Up” page and some fields are there like “Name, Phone, Email Id, Password”. If fields are fixed vertically then all should be aligned vertically.
Example 2:- Suppose there are multiple posts in blog page with “Read More Buttons”, means all the posts and read more should be aligned properly.
6. Proper Width:– Fields should have proper width with placeholder or if other fields like text field, check-boxes, radio-buttons, drop-drown then width fields should be visible properly.
Example:- Suppose there is “Text Box” with placeholder like “Email id” then “Text Box with Proper Placeholder” should be visible, no any hidden field/text.
7. Process Bar Notification:– Process/Progress Bar should be visible during any running process.
Example:- Suppose user is on “Sign Up” page and some fields are there like “Name, Phone, Email Id, Password”. After entering all the fields as user clicks on “Sign Up Button” then “Process/Progress Bar” is needed to come over there to indicate it is progress.
8. Related Image Visibility:– If there are images on page then all the images should come properly and should be related and no hidden images and no stretch and no related issue.
Example:- If user is on profile page then image section should be related to profile image proper without any hidden image and stretch issue and no other issue.
9. Proper Instructions:– Instructions should be properly defined on pages related to functionalities with related fields or section and use process.
Example:- Suppose user is on “Profile Page” and there is “Image Upload Feature” so it means “File Format and File Size” should be defined properly.
10. Confirmation Messages:– Confirmation messages is also needed by updating any record or by saving any record or by deleting any record.
Example:- Suppose user is using “Sign Up” page and after inserting all valid data then as user clicks on “Sign Up Button” then a “Message” should be there related to “Successfully Saved” or as per requirement.
11. Proper Scrolling:– Proper Scrolling should be very smooth and good from the user’s point of view and no any stuck should be there during scrolling.
Example:- 1. Suppose if user scroll the page then page should scroll properly without any stuck.
2. Suppose if there is “Drop-Down” with multi values then “Drop-Down” should be scroll easily without any stuck.
Note: More tasks may be there to test proper User Interface, so keep practicing.
Process:- User Experience (UX) Design Verification Process
First of all need to know what is UX Design. UX design is User Experience design and it is process to design product according to users need and what users are looking for and to create a meaningful design. For UX design process a responsible person do research and analysis to create a good user experience structure then UX Design Architecture is implemented with proper documentation.
Some of the phases should follow:-
– Survey Verification Process >> Users Survey is performed during this process by an UX Design Expert then UX Design Expert create a survey report. So in Test Process, responsible person should work with UX Design Expert to get a clear users survey report what users are looking for.
– Observation Verification Process >> In Observation Process UX Design Expert work on users observation. Involve to know how users use the products, what the users need with product, what users looking more with product and related more. So with this process need to verify observation tasks then need to work for proper selection like what should be done or not for now.
– Impression verification Process >> With this process need to focus on impressive design structure which should be attractive for users and impressive. In Impression Test Process should work to get an impressive design by doing research related to create an impressive product for users.
– Best Alternative Solution Verification Process >> Due to this process UX Design Expert work on Best Alternative Design to achieve goal for providing better than best Design to users. After achieving Design on doc one or more of the responsible persons may do more research with UX Design Expert to complete this process.
– Easy To Use Time Based Features Verification Process >> UX Design Expert work to design easy to use features to make features without complexity and can be easy to use time bases features. Expert performs research process and focus on how easy features can be implemented for users. Before confirming the design responsible and expert person may do more focus on features and create some altering and updating solutions if needed then get it done with proper document to be implemented.
Note:- It is an example and looking to be an expert then keep practicing with more UX Design Processes. Challenges may be more.
Process:- QA And QC Verification Process
Quality Assurance Process: In Quality Assurance Process Team Members should understand the provided requirements clearly without any confusion then should work according to instructions and guidelines. Each and every written instruction, requirement and guideline should be followed in right way so that during implementation stages no any wrong implementation and missing feature comes in product. So in Quality Assurance Process planned activities should be performed in correct way.
Quality Assurance Process is not for only to verify written process but need to work on proper requirement analysis and research also to make software without weakness.
Thing is that it is a review process for all the phases related to review verification.
Process Flow (Example):
1. Collect All Possible Requirements or Written SRS Doc.
2. Understand All Requirements.
3. Manage Requirements on Changes.
4. Create Deliverable Processes
5. Follow SDLC Model
6. Follow Written Project Management Doc With Guidelines as:
– Project Time Estimation
– Project Cost Estimation
– Project Scope
– And All Related Guidelines
7. Follow Maintenance Guidelines
Quality Control Process: Quality Control Process is to provide defect free product to client and to ensure product meets the requirements as provided by client. In Quality Control Process need to execute written test conditions, scenarios and create some more also by performing analysis to verify product meets the requirements. It is also one of the most responsible processes. Once Quality Assurance Process is done then Quality Control Process comes in execution.
Quality Control Process is mainly to set Quality Control Standard then execute processes such as User Interface Testing, Unit Testing, Integration Testing, Functional Testing, Non-Functional Testing, Performance Testing, Security Testing and related to get quality standard and to control quality.
Thing is that it is an execution process for all the phases related to execution verification and to manage quality control to get positive feedback from customers.
Process Flow (Example):
1. Collect Requirements
2. Set Quality Control Standard
3. Create STLC or Follow STLC
4. Execute Positive and Negative Test Cases
5. Execute Requirements Trace-ability Matrix to Cover Requirements.
6. Perform More Analysis Then Execute More Cases
7. Perform Types of Testing and Make a Report.
8. Review Executed Result and Compare Quality Control Standard
9. Get Feedback Report From Other Team Members
10. Collect Users Feedback or Any Survey Report
11. Improve Quality Control Standard
Note: This is Just an Example and Challenges May Be More According to Product Development Requirements So Keep Practicing.
Process:- Verification and Validation Process For Testing
Verification: Verification is Static Testing Process. During Verification Process need to check software is getting correct implementation with error free status or not. In other words, verification process is to ensure that software is developed according to requirement or not.
Activities Come in Verification Process:
Review Process:– Review Process is to check documents at initial stage of software development by one or more team members and users or customer also sometimes.
In Review Process need to check documents such as Software Requirements Specification, Use Cases, Test Cases, Test Plan etc.
Inspections Process:– It is a review process where roles are assigned to perform inspection about work product. In this process roles will be assigned to team member for performing inspection process.
In inspection Process need to create roles for Inspection Team such as a Senior Technical writer is assigned to perform inspection process about written Technical Documents or a QA Team Lead is assigned to perform inspection process about written Test Cases Document.
In this process need to create inspection types also for what is there to be inspected such as code review and peer review.
Walk-Through Process:- Walk through Process is related to technical aspects to find defects for improving quality of software/product. Technical Leaders/Members are assigned to perform this process.
Desk Checking Process:- Desk checking process is a manual test review process where programmers verify written code and written algorithm logic before releasing written program and algorithms.
Validation: Validation is the Dynamic Testing Process. Process is to check whatever is being developed is going towards right way or not by program execution.
Activities Come in Validation Process: Types of testing processes come during validation process such as Black Box Testing, White Box Testing, Unit Testing, Integration Testing and some required as per need.
Black Box Testing:- In Black Box Testing there is no need to know internal knowledge of program, means what code is written. Just need to have good analysis to create test cases according to requirement with positive and negative conditions. Means it doesn’t requires the coding knowledge.
White Box Testing:- To perform white box testing there is need to know about internal structure of program. There is need to know about coding knowledge then easily white box testing can be performed. Means it requires the coding knowledge.
Unit testing:- Need to test unit of application. Like some modules are developed but testing process is going on with different different units that is unit testing.
Integration testing:- With this testing process different different units will be integrate then testing should be performed. Means after combining units and then testing is performed that is integration testing.
Note:- This is Example For Verification and Validation Process For Testing But There May Be More Challenges to Manage Process and May Be Some Different Also According to Requirements or Need. So Keep Learning.
Process:- Acceptance Testing Process of Product/Software
In acceptance phase need to perform acceptance process with types of acceptance testing.
Types of Acceptance Testing:-
Alpha Testing comes in development environment during implementation of program. Process can be about a module and complete developed software system but will be verified by QA team in development site before sending to client.
In Beta Testing, process is done by users at real environment after releasing software. It is process which will be tested also by a technical person for reviewing technical implementation and then user point of view to know user interface of program.
User Acceptance Testing
It is a process to verify testing process according to requirements where tester focus to get all expected results as per software needs/requirements. If process meets requirements then application will be accepted. Focus with this process as per user point of view and to know user interface is good to use then pass it for final testing and process is handled by users also.
Contract Acceptance Testing
In Contract Acceptance Testing phase need to involve conditions about testing of acceptance criteria & requirements those were provided by client during the time of signing contract. So before releasing of product/software there is need to work on contract acceptance testing.
Operational Acceptance Testing
This phase is know high priority quality attributes of the software are covered according to requirements such as stability of software, reliability of software, good performance of software etc.
Rules and Regulation Acceptance Testing
Rules and Regulation Acceptance Testing is to ensure that software abides rules and regulations standards of the government and need to follow copyright rules.
Note:- This is just an example process to handle acceptance process and there may be some other phase also as per requirements/product integration, so keep thinking and learning to create more for acceptance
*Looking for other tips, feedback, course, testing service and related please submit contact us form. Our team will try to contact you asap if related*